COVID-19 Business Update
Here to keep Britain’s essential distribution on the road.
Happy to help our local residents however we can!
UK Government requirement for ‘Eat In’ customers to assist with Track & Trace
Please complete this online form to register now.
We are open for business offering eat in and takeaway food, grocery shopping and bathroom facilities with hot showers. Learn more about how we are changing our practices to ensure safety for our customers and staff.
Our brand new online shop is now open selling a fantastic range of essential truck life products for delivery or collection.
Covid-19 Precautions to Keep Customers and Staff Safe
We are excited to welcome our customers back to dine in and are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection. We have taken measures to ensure we are Covid 19 secure – and will continually review this to monitor safety and implement new measures as needed.
• Where necessary, we will limit the flow of people coming onto our premises to make sure we don’t get too busy.
• We have installed a body temperature measurement camera linked to our CCTV so that an alarm will sound if any customer enters with a tell-tale temperature. If an alarm sounds when you enter, you will be given the opportunity to take a seat outside with a glass of water to cool down before seeking readmittance.
• Hand sanitisers/ hand washing facilities are available for all customers/staff on entering the building and in other key areas.
• Floor markings and signs are in use to promote safe social distancing and key safety points.
• We have installed protective screens at our checkouts to protect both customers and colleagues.
• Where possible, we’ll create separate entrances and exits to our stores, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other shoppers.
• All customers will be encouraged to use card or contactless payments where possible.
• We have implemented hourly cleaning systems for surfaces that may be contaminated.
• We clean tables/ chairs with antibacterial spray after use by customers.
• We are using a take away collection service at the counter to avoid need for waitress service and minimise customer contact.
• We ask all those feeling unwell to remain in their vehicle and call us on 01249 750645 for assistance.
• We have appointed Covid champions amongst our staff so that there is a constant awareness amongst colleagues.
• Please complete the customer registration form upon arrival for a meal.
Award Winning Family Run Motorway Services & Truck Stop; M4 Junction 17
You take care of the driving, we’ll take care of you.
Break your journey or meet friends and colleagues in our rural setting just off junction 17 of the M4.
Locally sourced award winning food, shopping, rest and relaxation.
We really care about the impact our business has on the environment.
So we are doing our best to be a green truck stop and service station.
LOW FOOD MILES, REFILL REVOLUTION, SOLAR ENERGY, REDUCED PLASTIC USAGE, ZERO TO LANDFILL!
A word from our guests . . .
What a find this place is!
“My husband and I stopped here for breakfast as we didn’t fancy the motorway services. What a find this place is! They have quite a comprehensive breakfast and lunch menu. We had a lovely breakfast. The staff were friendly. There is also a good quality shop for stocking up. The car park is huge and there was plenty of room to let the dogs have a leg stretch.“
Jennie N – April 2019
Best breakfast in the southwest by far
Martin Hambling – June 2019
Beats a service station any day!
“Good food, good service, beats a service station any day! Called by breakfast yesterday for the first time on way to Bristol. Won’t be the last time either. Very good breakfast, friendly staff and nice layout. Prices sensible as well.“
Andy_AAG – April 2019
Find Us – Motorway Services, Junction 17 on the M4
Oakleigh Acres, Draycot Cerne, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5LH
Adjusted Opening Hours During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Draycot Stores: Mon - Fri 06:00 - 21:00 | Sat 08:00 - 17:00 | Sun 08:00 - 12:00
Restaurant: Mon - Thurs 06:00 - 21:00 | Fri 06:00 - 14:30 | Sat 08:00 - 14:30 | Sun 09:00 - 12:00
Goods Yard Bar: CLOSED
Food Hygiene Rating 5
At the Pit Stop we take great care in everything we do. Your health and happiness is our top priority.
Pit Stop Awards
Winner of Truckstop of the Year 2017 and Best Medium sized Truckstop 2018 and Best food in a Truckstop 2018.
Check out our fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your feedback.
Chippenham Pit Stop is a trading name of Oakleigh Acres Limited; a company registered in England and Wales. Company reg no: 01324722 VAT no: 879480268